Landscape Conversion Incentive: Lawn Remodel Option
A$$, Cash, or Grass – The City of Austin is providing a cash option incentive for new grass lost in the drought of 2011. Contact Us for help with this.
Application must be postdated by October 14, 2011 to be eligible.
- $10 for every 100 sqft converted from existing turf to Bermuda or Buffalo grasses listed in the City of Austin Preferred Plant List.
- Minimum of entire front yard and/or back yard turf.
- Minimum of 6″ soil depth, 8″ preferred (soil may need to be added).
- Automatic sprinkler systems must undergo an irrigation evaluation.
- Turf installation is limited to a maximum of 20,000 sqft. Areas in excess of 20,000 sqft must be replaced with native landscape or permeable hardscape, rock gardens, mulching or non-irrigated beds.
This program is not appropriate for:
- Sloping or creekside properties
- Properties subject to HOA restrictions that conflict with the program requirements
- Properties without a soil depth of 6″ or those unable to increase the soil depth to 6″
- Customers unwilling to accept an indefinite time period with dead grass and delay in new installation
- Customers unwilling to allow their new lawn to go dormant in the winter
- Lawns (including established St. Augustine) that have remained healthy under current watering restrictions
- Front or back yards receiving less than six hours of full sun per day
- Be an owner-occupied residential property
- Be an Austin Water customer
- Delay new installation until authorized by Austin Water
- Not receive a warning or citation for water waste or violation of watering restrictions
To be eligible for rebate, properties must: